Mellor & Co. combines accounting, finance and management with the leading edge techniques needed to drive successful businesses. As Chartered Accountants we:
- Advise managers about the financial implications of projects.
- Explain the financial consequences of business decisions.
- Formulate business strategy.
- Monitor spending and financial control.
- Conduct internal business audits.
- Explain the impact of the competitive landscape.
- Bring a high level of professionalism and integrity to business.
- The management accounting skillset
We are qualified to work anywhere in an organisation, not just in finance. In addition to strong accounting fundamentals, we have developed strategic business and management skills.
- Analysis – we analyse information and using it to make business decisions.
- Strategy – we formulate a business strategy to create wealth and shareholder value.
- Risk – we identify and manage risk.
- Planning – we apply accounting techniques to plan and budget.
- Communication – we determine what information management needs and explain the numbers to non-financial managers.
It is no accident that 60 % of small businesses today use spreadsheets to manage their operations. Sometimes one aspect of the company is high volume and needs formal software to manage it. The rest does not. Spreadsheets are the tool of choice for small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Anthony Mellor, principal and founder of Mellor & Co., has been writing powerful spreadsheets since he was in his twenties. These days what with “pivot” tables you just do not need databases for sophisticated real-time reporting. A quick free review will make a believer of any sceptic.